A few days ago, my dad brought up the idea to go to a Flea Market on the outskirts of town.
If you don't know what a Flea Market is, you might call it something else, but it's set up outside and people, vendors, bring things that they want to sell to hopeful buyers. Flea Markets are also pretty inexpensive, and every now and then someone makes a rare find. It's actually really neat. You can see people from different towns and the vendors bring some things they've either made or have no more use for. We brought along Sadie since it was almost eighty degrees outside! That's really nice and warm for around here, definitely summertime weather.
Happy to be outside, we had a look around. Of course, I took pictures!
Here are just a few of the things the vendors had out for everyone to look at!
I have been nominated by Will (thanks Will!! ) , you can see his blog here. His post on this was really great, so make sure to check him out. The Liebster Award tag is a great way to get to know other bloggers and to find new blogs that you probably wouldn't.
First I’ll start off by saying, I have written and rewritten this post so many times before deciding that it’s okay to send it out into the internet world for you all to lay your eyes on. Second, this is entirely my opinion based on my own experience, it does not and probably will not be the same as yours.
It's been an entire eight days since I have written to you all. For that I am really sorry.
Good news though! There are a few blog posts already in my drafts, almost ready for you all to lay eyes on. So what have I been up to lately? Why have I not written in eight days?
Yes, they took over and I really had to study for them. I already have two down and only one left! I wrote my last English paper and handed it in. I had my first two exams on Saturday. Yea, how weird and annoying is that? Since not all of you are from Wisconsin, or go to my University, do you ever have Saturday exams for anything?
If you do have exams coming up, good luck!
You'll probably do better than you think you did.
The weather has finally been warming up, though it has been a weird pattern of really cold to rather warm days. Sadie and I have ventured out on our daily walks, don't you worry.
Even if the sun isn't out in full force, she doesn't mind, and it's a good excuse for me to stop studying and take a break! We have spent a few hours sunning on the deck, and I've also spent some time reminiscing about my trip to Hawaii a few years back by having some mango ice cream. I'll probably tell you again, but I'm obsessed and crazy in love with mango flavored ice cream!
I did have a shopping trip to Old Navy this past week though too, should I do a haul on that? I bought a pair of really cute sandals! Let me know what you think!
Do you have any Summer plans?
My friends have all come back into town, and I'm hoping to meet up with them a few times during the long break. I have a few goals for the Summer, these are them.
- Put down the phone! Even if it's just for a day, just turn it off.
- Read (I'm looking for books to read currently, so if you have suggestions, the comment box is yours)
Unfortunately, with exams coming next weekend and my official last day of classes being Wednesday I actually didn't have a blog post ready! It's been quite busy, and I'm not going to lie, I'm more than a little nervous for exams! At the same time, I hated this semester and that blog post is ready to go for next week! Almost, just needs a few pictures! Then it's Summer! And that means more recipes and adventures and fun blog posts! If you have any suggestions please make sure you email me or comment below! :)
Anyway, my friend Anna from Spain (you can read her blog here ) did a post called "This or That" tag and it seemed like a really easy thing to do since I had not prepared anything!
So let's start shall we?
- Blush or Bronzer? Blush!
- Lipgloss or Lipstick? I use both, but if I want the color to last longer then I prefer lipstick
- Eye-Liner or Mascara? Mascara, unless I'm going somewhere fancy, but mascara is just easy and quick to put on
- Foundation or Concealer? Concealer!
- Neutral or Color eye shadow? Depends on the outfit
- Pressed or loose eyeshadows? I haven't really used loose, so pressed!
- Brushes or sponges? Brushes
- OPI or China Glaze: Actually I've been liking Orly and Essie nail polishes!
- Long or short?: Medium, I pick my nails so they usually never get obnoxiously long!
- Acrylic or natural? Natural!
- Brights or darks? I do like the classic dark red, but since it's Spring and almost summer I've been going for the brighter colors!
- Flower or no flower? Depends
- Perfume or Body Splash? Well from this post I did earlier I'm sure you already know that answer. (it's perfume)
- Lotion or Body Butter? Lotion
- Body wash or soap? Both
- Lush or other bath company: I'm making my first trip to Lush next month! But otherwise Bath and Body Works.
- Jeans or sweatpants: This really depends on the day, if i'm having a lounge day at home then sweatpants, otherwise jeans if I leave the house!
- Long sleeve or short: Basically the weather determines that!
- Dresses or skirts? Dresses, I actually don't own that many skirts!
- Stripes or Plaid? I have more stripes than plaid in my closet so..
- Flip flops or sandals: Flip flops!
- Scarves or Hats? Did you see my scarf collection? (here) definitely scarves!
- Studs or Dangle Earrings? I prefer studs, but if I'm going to a fancy place or event then dangle-y!
- Necklaces or Bracelets? Necklaces! Bracelets hurt my wrist if I'm writing!
- Heels or Flats? Flats
- Cowboy boots or Riding boots? Oh, there's a difference? Cowboy boots then.
- Jacket or Hoodie? Sweater.
- Curly or Straight? Both!
- Bun or Ponytail? If I have time, I'll put mine in a bun but if I'm just sitting around the house then a ponytail!
- Bobby Pins or butterfly clips? Butterfly clips? What the heck? Bobby pins..
- Long or Short? In between, I think everyone has their own definition of what "long hair" or "short hair" is.
- Hair spray or gel? Spray
- Light or dark? I've actually had my hair both colors! I like both!
- Side swept bangs or full bangs? Side swept
- Up or down? Down but if I'm doing work then up
- Rain or Shine? A little bit of both!
- Summer or Winter? Summer!!!!
- Fall or Spring? Both!
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla!
- East Coast or West Coast? NYC is on the East Coast and I've traveled on the East Coast the most..so East I guess!
I tag all of you reading this right now to answer these questions! So have fun! :) x
As I am writing this right now it is currently pouring rain outside. It's been doing this for an entire week now, and I'm starting to feel as though Wisconsin has slightly shifted closer to England? Though, I feel like I shouldn't complain because hey at least it isn't snowing!
The weather does make me quite happy that my mom had purchased a pair of rain boots for me! (Let's go jump in all of the puddles now!!).