Going Bananas for Bread

9:43:00 AM


I've written this time and time again. I love being home. I love being able to sleep in my own room not having to wait until my roommate leaves. I love the fact that I can just bake something homemade, with ingredients that I love. The last time I was home, I decided to whip up a batch of homemade whole wheat banana bread. I usually eat breakfast in my dorm room, gotta make use of that sleeping time you know. Banana bread is just something that is so easy to pop into the microwave to warm with some almond butter or regular butter
and eat before class! I thought I would share the recipe with you! 


Here's What You Need: 

1/2 banana
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons milled flax seeds and 6 tablespoons water
3 mashed bananas
1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons alt
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Sliced Almonds
Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

Here's What You'll Need to Do:


Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350*F or 176*C
Spray 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray; though I used a bit of coconut oil all over the pan instead!
In a medium bowl, whisk 1/2 banana, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and milk together until combined.
Whisk in flax seeds, water and bananas until combined, this should be a smooth mixture. 
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and pecans 
Pour wet ingredients into dry 
Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes
Add the almonds and chocolate chips to the top at this point! 
After 30 minutes cover with aluminum foil and bake again for 30 more minutes. 
The bread is done when toothpick is inserted and comes out clean



I love baking, and I love this bread! You can enjoy it anytime for a healthy snack, just pair it with a little bit of butter or almond butter or even just eat it on its own! I hope you try this one out! Again, my parents are always the best taste testers (don't really think they mind it at all). I'm really loving their new oven! I cannot wait to see what I'll be baking for the holidays that are coming up! 
Do you love a certain kind of bread? Any recipes that I should try next? I'm always looking! 
Like always, thanks for reading! 
Make sure to comment below! 
xx
Kenzie



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This looks amazing, i'm not rally a big fan of banana bread, My fave type of bread is probably tiger bread..
    www.laurcaud.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Tiger Bread but I'm sure it's yummy too! :) x

      Delete
  2. I don't think I ever got a sample of this banana bread. Hmm.Gramma--Sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to try banana bread for so long....definitely gonna use this recipe! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! This one was my favorite recipe I've made so far!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram