Tips for Motivation

6:30:00 AM


Link
Let's face it. It can be really hard to stay motivated. I have days where I just cannot seem bothered to move from the futon, or get dressed into anything other than a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. I was having a conversation not too long ago about how to stay motivated to get or stay healthy. It had me thinking about some tips I would give, and lead me to create some Do's and Don'ts for staying motivated in life and sticking to a lifestyle change. 

1. DO start slow. This is probably the hardest. Sometimes we quit everything all at once and ban foods right away when in reality, we really should be taking out certain factors first. Slowly getting rid of milk, or slowly making sure to not have a chocolate for dessert can be really beneficial in the long run. 

2. Do remember results don't happen overnight. I'm someone who immediatley wants results. If you start working out and have only worked out for an hour the first day, you definitely won't leave the gym having a six pack. That takes time. 
Link
3. Don't worry if you slip up. I always have to remind myself of this. If I accidently eat something milk-chocolate or something not so healthy, I can't beat myself up. That's not good and you'll end up feeling worse about it. 

4. Do write down your goals. Using a notebook or planner to plan out a daily goal to set like drinking 12 ounces of water or eating more servings of veggies or adding an extra 20 minutes to your workout at the gym can be really beneficial in the long run as well. Usually if you see it, you'll want to do it. Even if you put it off until the last moment. 

5. Don't go overboard. So you want to get healthy and be more active. If you work out a lot in the beginning and don't slow down, truth is you'll get burnt out. I learned that when I started eating clean in January. I was working out everyday and then I got bored with it. 
Link

6. Do set a relaxation day. It's good to keep going and achieve things but give yourself a break once in a while. It's good to just unwind and rest before getting back to the grind. 

7.Do make a public commitment. This can help a lot of people. No you don't need to be that person who constantly posts photos of going to the gym. But if you tell people you know that you're eating healthy and enjoying it, that can be helpful too. Because you've said it out loud and you have to stick to it. 

8. Join a Group. Finding friends with common interests will help you reach your goals. You're encouraging each other not to give up and keep going. 

9. Explore new recipes. This one is for those trying to stay healthy. Exploring new recipes and looking at what other people make, makes me so much more excited to cook and everyone has been loving what I've made so far!

10. Think positive. Getting into the mindset that something might be hard will actually make it hard. If you think about the new things you'll be learning throughout the process it'll make a better result! I strongly believe that positivity is a choice, even though it can be difficult sometimes. 
Link
*Bonus Tip: Start a motivational quote journal. I did this a long time ago and it was really helpful, now I use it to write the quotes on a whiteboard where I can see them everyday!

I hope these tips were helpful! What other tips do you have for someone who is having a hard time starting up a new project or lifestyle? I have been loving veganism so much so far, there are so many different recipes?! I can't believe it. I hope you're all having a great day! Make sure to leave a comment below! 

x Kenzie
Link

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome post!
    So motivational! Love it!!
    XOXO

    www.theclassykilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram