Greek adventures

9:00:00 AM


Everyone has a place that they love. Oia, or Ia Santorini, is probably my favorite place in the whole entire world. I was there 5 years ago on a trip with my family, and only a few weeks ago I was there with my two best friends.




We really lucked out with our airbnb host who helped us rent a car for the day to drive from Perissa to the cities of Fira and Oia. It was a pretty easy drive, stopping at the Red Sand Beach and some lookout points that made me even more excited to just get to Oia. 


Fira was the same as I had remembered it, a ton of shopping and restaurants and hills. If you've never been, there are a lot of steps in the little town, but souvenirs here are a bit cheaper! It's so weird visiting a place you were at 5 years prior.
I remember Oia. I remembered that I loved it so much. I loved it even more the second time. Some of the souvenir shops even looked familiar to me while we went through them. Oia is such a picturesque town, every step is seriously breathtaking!
When I first visited, my favorite thing that I got to do was the Kissing Fish! Luckily, my friend Catie agreed to do it with me, so we washed our feet and stuck them in a tank full of fish. They're teethless, and make your skin so smooth!



We could not stop laughing, Catie didn't love it in the end, but I'm glad she was brave enough to try it with me! Throughout Oia we also couldn't help being wowed each step by the breathtaking views! 




If you're also in Oia stay for the sunset. It's gorgeous and probably the best one you might see your entire life. I still can't believe that I have been lucky enough to go to this city twice in my lifetime, and I hope that it's not my last time. It's crazy, writing about and seeing these photos more than a month later, because it really doesn't feel real! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oia is such a magical place! Unfortunately I could only be there for a few hours and missed the sunset...but I still loved it!

    www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram