Cinnamon Spice and All things Nice

11:00:00 AM


That's the saying right? Or something along those lines I guess. I love the fall season, it's time for chai teas (with soy or almond milk thank you), everything tastes like pumpkin it seems, and the holiday countdown begins shortly after Halloween. This blog post comes a bit after Halloween, as I was home during the little holiday. 
 After finishing off mid-term week, I needed to get away from the confinement and slight frustration that comes along with living in close quarters with someone else. I went home. I really get into baking after one thing is done and find myself with three different timers and three different dishes. I love it. 
 I decided that my first thing to bake was going to be these Iced Snicker doodle cookies! 
  Though I had never done a hand in on making these before I was eager to try it out and put my own twist on the recipe as always! 
Fall Baking

Here's what you will need! 

Cookies:
2 and 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup melted, butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg at room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla

Rolling:
1/2 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

Frosting:
3 spoon-fulls of Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting (I used Betty Crocker)
About 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla
Sprinkle of Nutmeg
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Sprinkle of ginger
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice


Here's What You need to do! 

Cookies:
Toss Flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl
In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until smooth
Whisk in egg and vanilla until combined
Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together with spoon
Cover the dough tightly and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes. 
Preheat Oven to 350* F, or  176* C
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper
Remove dough from fridge and roll dough into balls. (the cookies don't roll so make sure you flatten a bit!)
Baking

Rolling:
Mix spices and sugar together in small bowl. 
Roll each dough in mix to coat evenly. 
Place balls onto cookie sheets (about 10 per sheet)
Snickerdoodles


Bake
For 10 minutes, though I only put mine in for 9 to get nice moist cookies

Frosting
Spoon out vanilla frosting into small bowl
Add in the Vanilla, and spices and mix with spoon. 
With a knife, add a little bit to each cookie, or a lot depending on how much frosting you like!
The frosting is something I completely made up and went by taste for a lot of the spices

Snicker Doodles




Baking is something that relives so much stress, and being away from home I really don't get to do that very often, so when I do come home I love to bake. These cookies were such a big hit for my house that my mom woke me up the next morning and we made a batch for my great-uncle and my grandparents. It's safe to say, this was another winning recipe for us all! 
Do you have any favorite recipes that everyone loves? I hope you're weeks are all going great! 
Hopefully the weather hasn't gotten to cold for you yet! I hope you try these out! Let me know in the comments what you think! 
Thanks for reading! 
xx
Kenzie

(also if you follow me on twitter you will know that my fish Latte passed away, though it is sad, the semester was really stressful on him with having a roommate that doesn't have a set or even sane sleeping schedule and all.)



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. THESE LOOK SO GOOD, I love anything with cinnamon so I'll need to try these! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! And easy to make! :) xx I hope you like them!

      Delete
  2. They look sooo yummy! I'll have to try them.


    http://thehomeofkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of them when you do! :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you made these for your grandparents. They are delish. Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A recipe including cinnamon and pumpkin spice? I'm in!
    I'm sorry about your fish, Kenzie. It feels really sad when your pet passes away, they are pretty much family. How old was Latte?

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious!
      That's okay, he was really really sick (I think mostly due to roommate shocking him cuz she'd turn on this bright light by his tank after waking up)! I got him a year ago! x

      Delete
  5. omg... yum!! these look so delicious. thanks for the recipe!

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from Missing Wanderer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I hope you try it out! Thanks for reading! :) x

      Delete
  6. These look so yummy ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yum and sweet. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram