Christmas Gift Idea: Mason Jar Brownies

12:00:00 PM



Here we are, back again. In the spirit of Christmas (and a small wallet) I decided to make all of my Christmas presents! Mostly using Mason Jars. Because for some odd reason, I have a slight obsession right now. 
Last time I told you all about the Happiness Jars. This time I'm going to tell you about the Mason Jar Brownies. I found this recipe over at iheartnaptime.net and you can visit the exact page here!
Though that recipe is almost the same as this one, I did have to add my own twist to it!
Making these was not an easy task. Let me warn you. 

You'll need:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar 
1 cup Andes crushed mints. (on the website it says peppermint but they were no where to be found!) 
1 1/4 cup flour 
and a pinch of salt

When you do make this, I would suggest putting down an old newspaper because it got quite messy when I gave it a go. 
 I also didn't have a mason jar big enough for the last 1/4 cup of flour but for the second one I did, the jar happened to be big enough! So if you can't fit anything just add it to the tag. 
The tag is what you use to write down the "wet" ingredients of the mixture and the directions at which to cook it. 
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Bake in a 9x13" pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes and 
voila! 
This jar also doesn't have to be a Christmas present, though if you do use peppermint then it would imply that it is, but it would be a cute birthday or Mothers Day or even Fathers Day gift as well! 
I hope you give it a try! Let me know what you think!
xx
Kenzie

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These are such cool presents. They'd be so perfect for something small to give to those you'd like to get something though aren't very close to :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea
    xoxo
    All the best
    Cassie
    http://cassie2fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram