The year of change

7:00:00 AM


Every year my family watches Ryan Seacrest ring in the New Year with multiple musical acts, and every year has a theme. This year they kept calling 2015 "The Year of Change", while I can only speak for myself, I felt like this was 100% true. There isn't one particular thing that I achieved, I can think of a list of things that changed. And who doesn't like a holiday themed list anyway?


1. I moved universities, and cities. 2015 brought in a big move for myself. After struggling in my last university, I was finally able to leave and I couldn't wait to get out. I'm still exploring this new surrounding, but I really enjoy the classes much better here and the people this term are much friendlier as well.

2.I cut back on sugar. While you mostly see the posts about me baking sweet treats, I have made a massive effort to not eat sugar as much. I feel so much better without it, but I won't pass up the occasionally sweet treat or chai tea that comes my way.

3. I got a roommate. This is a big change for me as I didn't have a roommate last semester and now I'm learning how to live in really close proximity with someone else. Someone not even from this country. (more on that here.) The whole language barrier is still a thing, and sometimes it's a struggle not to lash out in frustration.

4. I declared my major and minor. It's so nice that it's official now. I was always working toward a Communications degree with a creative writing minor, but now it's real and I've got all the classes I need to take in a list.

5. Work. While I've just started my third year of University, I'm starting to look and apply for internships, which means the job that I once loved is becoming more of a "well if I don't get this internship.." type of thing. It's changed a lot, now that most of my work friends are off to college and just isn't that enjoyable anymore.

This year has been good when I look back at it. There are so many things that I look forward to in the upcoming year and I can't wait to share them all with you! Thank you so much for reading, and leaving comments. I really love reading them!

What things have changed the most for you? I hope you're having a great week!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I think change is always good. Well, I try to see something positive in everything. For me the biggest change has been getting engaged. I feel a bit weird about it, it's a mixture of being excited and scared.

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting though! I like focusing on the positive much more as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I can say that it's been a full year for you and I'm sure you learnt a lot! I wish you all the best for 2016! Keep going :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have an awesome 2016 and well done for all the things that you have achieved this year! (especially cutting back on sugar) x
    www.chapitretrois.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is usually good, it's a nice break from the norm. I hope that 2016 brings you everything that you want. Happy New Year!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram