On Top of the World

7:51:00 AM


Nature amazes me. I love being surrounded by it. Which obviously explains why I love summer and warm weather. While visiting Asheville, just outside of the city was Chimney Rock. Chimney Rock is a nice hiking spot where you can see the beautiful mountains that North Carolina calls its own. 


North Carolina

The road up, was a bit curvy, but once we reached the parking lot I was already taken back by the beauty of it all. We arrived pretty much as soon as the park opened, which mean the sun wasn't too hot just yet, and there were hardly any crowds at all! 
The hike up included 1,962 steps round trip. Being hot and sweaty was incredibly worth it as I took in the scenery. 
North Carolina

Once we reached our top destination (the flag), we met some really kind people, who took a few family shots. I just loved looking over the valley and admiring how beautiful this world really is. You don't even have to go that far to find out! 

North Carolina

While the trek to the flag was only (lol) 651 steps one way, my sister stayed behind while my mom, step-dad and I climbed to Exclamation Point. It was stunning up there as well. Out of all of our side stops, I think Chimney rock would have to be my favorite.

Hike
After we had made our way down the steps, my mom thought it would be a nice treat to have a bit of ice cream and catch our breath before heading back into the truck and onto our next destination (Charleston, four hours away)
Panorama
Top of Exclamation Point
The world is so pretty, and I love exploring it! I hope you enjoyed these photos and all of my travelling blogs so far! Let me know if you'd like to see something in particular! If you have ANY questions leave them in the comments, or shoot me an email!
Do you like to hike? Have you ever had your breath taken away by nature before? 
Can't wait to hear from you! 
x Kenzie
(make sure to check my other Chimney Rock photos and photos from my trip on my Instagram! )



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love to hike. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to hike for a little while. :(
    Want to support each others blogs? Comment on my blog if you do and follow me. I will follow back ASAP! :)

    thehomeofkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently go into hiking and I love it. Your photos are beautiful.

    Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hiking, this was probably one of the most beautiful places I've been!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful views!! Sometimes I go on a hike on my town's mountain and I just get to the top and stay there for a while just looking at everything and you can see the sea and Barcelona and it's just amazing. It feels great :)
    Anna x
    http://dropsofanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hiking and seeing everything! That sounds like a great place! :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful and looks like you can get a great workout while enjoying the views. Now I want to take a trip to North Carolina to see this. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This looks gorgeous! A beautiful adventure ;) i love to be out in the nature. It's really nice!

    Xx
    The-not-so-girlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram