Diet Pizza

9:00:00 AM


"Excuse me, I'll have a diet pizza." 

A what? A diet pizza?

When you think of clean eating, or whatever diet resolution you have made this year, you may have thought, "Shoot I have to give up my favorite foods." While many of your favorite foods might have to be cut back, there are still some simple ways to keep enjoying them. Today it's all about the good things in life. Like pizza and quesadillas. 

Cheese Pizza

Now you're probably wondering what kind of pizza would be a diet pizza? 
Because clean eating means eating things that are not processed, therefore pizza is 100% in that list. But I found a loophole. It starts with a quesadilla shell. Whole wheat, low fat, 80 calorie quesadilla shell. This is what mine looked like. 
Pizza
Here's the best part. You can make whatever pizza you want out of it, just watch those portion sizes and you'll be all good to go. I chose to put mini roma tomatoes, feta cheese, avocado,bacon bits, spinach, and a tiny splash of shredded cheddar cheese. While my mom and I had similar pizzas, my step-dad amped his up with ham slices, more cheese, spinach and bacon. While this is a pretty simple recipe to enjoy possibly one of your favorites; Here's what you'll need:
 -whatever toppings you'd like (cheeses, green leaves, veggies, meats).
-a pan and parchment paper, and tortilla shells

Here's what you'll need to do:
-Preheat the oven to 330*F
-Place parchment paper on shells and spread about 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil on tortilla shells.
-Put pizzas in oven about 3 minutes 
-Decorate your pizza
-Put pizzas in oven until cheeses melt
(I continually watched our pizzas.) 

You can always raise the oven temp if you'd like it to go a bit faster. While dieting can be a bit boring, I know you can have some fun with this simple recipe! How have your new years resolutions been going so far? What's your favorite pizza? What food do you miss the most, when is your cheat day? I'm planning mine on day 90 so then I know I went 3 whole months clean eating! 
Hope you're all having a great day! Make sure to comment below! 
xx Kenzie

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I genuinely read this whilst eating Domino's.... I should 100% make one of these instead of spending money on such awful pizzas hahahaha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! They're really really good! I have another recipe with cauliflower crust going up in the next few weeks but splurging on dominos is definitely okay too! :) x

      Delete
  2. YOU'RE PIZZA LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT. GRAMMIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!! I've never ever thought of diet pizza! (And it looks delicious)
    Thanks for this brilliant recipe xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either until I tried to eat healthy! :)

      Delete
  4. Pizza is the only thing I refuse to give up when trying to eat better so this healthy alternative is gonna be a life saver for me! x

    Viva Epernay | Lush Giveaway ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! And quick and easy to make! There will be ANOTHER pizza recipe soon! :) x

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a greta healthier alternative to regular pizza! Great post :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram