Spring Time Sweets

2:00:00 PM


Awhile ago I saw a little picture on pinterest. It was a chocolate nest with tiny chocolate eggs on top of it. Perfect for Easter and Spring in general I thought! I decided to make my own. 
  For these I really didn't follow a written recipe from anyone, since I've made these in the fall, excuse the fact that the ones I make in the fall are called Haystacks and not bird's nests. 
 They're pretty simple to make and didn't take long at all. Depending on how many you decide to make yourself! 
 To make these you'll need some Chocolate Cadbury eggs (note they don't have to be Cadbury but that's just what I used because those are what the store offered). You'll also need Chow Mein noodles, chocolate chips (Note they don't have to be chocolate I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, you can also use white chocolate or whatever you prefer.) I also purchased some marshmallow Peeps just for decoration and to eat. I've always like these and didn't know they came in Vanilla flavor, they smell so good! You'll also need a medium sized bowl. 
  


In the first batch I made I just used the semi-sweet chocolate chips. I followed the instructions on the bag for melting them in the microwave. On my package it said 1 minute for 1 cup. I used 2 cups so I put them in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds. 
There were still a few un-melted chips in the bowl, which is okay! Just stir them to mix it up. 
After stirring, pour in a few chow mein noodles, I measured how many I needed just by seeing and guessing how much chocolate would be able to cover them. Don't put too much all at once, it's good to do a little at a time and mix as you go. 
Make sure you have a pan ready to go for scooping out the clumps. Also make sure to put wax paper on top of the pan, it's a little messy! Depending on how big or small you want your bird nest's to be, scoop some chunks onto the pan. I made mine a good medium size. 
With a spoon, or even using your hands create nest shapes. Scoop the corners up or push a little spot in the middle, enough so the eggs can just sit. After creating your nests, place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes until they're cool and have set. 
After they've set, bring them out and set them on the counter and place the mini eggs on top! 
It's so cute! I did make two batches, as I mentioned earlier. One with semi-sweet chocolate and one with butterscotch and chocolate. 
After you've finished up with the nests, give them a test if you haven't already! They're yummy aren't they?
Even my marshmallow peeps enjoyed them. I definitely had fun placing them for pictures. 


 



I hope you give these a try! I'm excited to eat them, and (probably) share them with others!
See you next time! 
xx
Oh p.s you can now comment below whether you have a Google account or not just select anonymous. But if you do leave a comment as an anon, make sure you leave your name and where you're from! Because I like to know that stuff! 
Okay bye
x



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram