Ed Sheeran Album Review

1:30:00 PM



I want to start off by saying; I have never done a review post before, but hey I thought I would give it a shot anyway. I'm no "music expert" either, this is all my opinion also. 

If you don't know who Ed Sheeran is then you might as well get on the bandwagon. He has got ginger hair and an incredible talent at writing songs and playing them on the guitar.  
 Ed has been one of my favorite artists for about 3 years now, and I was so excited that he was releasing a new album called 'X' or multiply.  
 I bought the album the day after it came out, was asked by the check out lady if "he has any good songs." and if I liked him. Well yea, I do, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the album now would I? I've gotten the deluxe edition if you must know. 
 Now that I've officially bought it and popped it into my car, I can tell you that I love it. 




Ed starts off his album with a song called "One" and ends the album with a song called "All of the Stars". 
 Ed has written all of the songs on his album, with a few collaborations here and there thrown in. It's such a nice album to just listen to, the lyrics are so nice. Right now, if you turned on the radio you might hear a song called "Sing" it's more upbeat and has a nice vibe to it. This was a collaboration song with Pharrell Williams, you know, that guy who sings "Happy"?  I love singing along to this song. Another song, I really enjoy is called "Photograph", with lyrics like "We keep this love in a photograph, we made these memories for ourselves, where our eyes are never closing, hearts are never broken and times are forever frozen still". It makes me think about all of the memories I've had with my friends, all of the candid moments where we're laughing that are caught on camera. How nice. 
  Though on the regular album, Ed ends his songs with "Even My Dad Does Sometimes" which is an absolute tune and I really like it. There's really no explanation for it, it just makes my ears happy I guess. 
The deluxe album gives you "I see Fire" which was in The Hobbit movie. It also gives you "All of the Stars" which comes from The Fault in Our Stars movie. Both are really lovely. 

The whole album in the end, makes my ears very happy. I do wish I would have bought those tickets to see Ed in Minneapolis, which is only a short ride for me but unfortunately it's on a school night. Who needs school anyway right? He has actually come to Wisconsin twice before, and I have had classes and exams each time. C'mon Ed give a girl a break. Oi. 


 I do hope you go and get this album, or at least look up some of the songs that are on it and give them a nice download on Itunes or listen on YouTube. I'm glad I did! 
                                       

                 Have you already gotten it? Are you going to see him in concert? What are your 
                                      favorite songs by him? 
                                                    xx
                                             Kenzie
                                 
                                                              


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog, yours is really lovely especially all the scenic photos! :) I literally downloaded this on my iPod yesterday, I can't wait to have a listen! Eds last album was amazing too :) Jenny xo
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! That really means a lot! :) I loved Eds last album as well, but for some reason I never bought an actual physical copy I just downloaded it onto my ipod!
      Thanks for stopping by!!
      xx
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. Hiii really liked this! I love Ed's songs, haven't got the album yet but I listen to it on Spotify :3 Not sure which one is my fave yet haha
    And he's coming here in November, a day after my birthday, but my friend can't go so I probably won't go either :/

    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh so frusterating! he's one of my favorite artists! Have you seen him before though? My favorites keep switching around! haha
      xx
      Kenzie

      Delete
    2. Same! Nope, never :/ Hahah that always happens to me :3
      Anna x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram