In the Strawberry Fields

2:08:00 PM



Awhile ago, the sun was playing games behind a few clouds and my grandmother, sister, mom and myself all piled into my grandmothers van and drove just a little ways to a little farm. 
We were going strawberry picking. It was humid out, and my sister was the least enthused as per usual, but we were going anyway. 
 We arrived at a multi-berry farm. They had an "advice booth" set off to the side, and their shop set up in a little shed near the barn. Two dogs sat inside while the woman told us how to get to the field, giving us our baskets and leaving us to pick the berries ourselves. 
 I love strawberries, so I was really excited to get to it. 
There were a few other people there, but it wasn't too crowded. We had two rectangle shaped baskets per two people. My grandma and sister decided to pick together in one aisle and my mom and I picked another one. 
 The strawberries were so tiny, but nice and red! 

If you've never been strawberry picking, this is what the rows look like, they're really long, but that just means there are plenty of delicious berries on them! Because there are many people who like to pick their own strawberries, the farm we went to had set up little orange flags to let their guests know where the last people stopped and where you might want to start in order to get the best berries!
There were a ton of berries, we collected a nice full basket! I was mostly excited to use them in smoothies as I had already made strawberry bread with the store bought strawberries. 


They were smaller than your average strawberry I suppose, but they tasted even better! 
I did use some of them that night in a mango-strawberry smoothie and throughout the 
week with other fruits in the mix. 
We froze a few to keep for future. 
It was a very successful strawberry picking day! 

Do you pick berries or other fruit where you live? 
What's your favorite fruit??
I hope you enjoyed this post! 
See you next time! 
xx
Kenzie


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos! I love strawberries! :D

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post with awesome pictures!Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I love your comments they make my day! I love your blog too! xxx

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm. Strawberries are my favourite.
    Now craving some.
    Really like your photos.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yea I keep reading this and I just want to go collect more! haha
      Thanks for commenting! :) xx

      Delete
  4. lovely photos!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry looks amazing.Thanks for sharing such an amazing
    post. Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin?
    Lemme know! & take care!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram