Impromptu Trip Up North

2:00:00 PM



The best kind of trips are the ones that aren't planned. The ones that come up as an idea the night before.
That's what happened this week on Thursday.


 There's a small town about two hours north of my own filled with fun things to do during the Summer. It's the cutest town! I haven't gone up there for a long time and I was very excited to be headed up there this time!
 My mom, sister and I packed up the car around 8 in the morning, dropped Sadie off at my grandparents for the afternoon and went off on our adventure. The first stop was at a Wildlife Park. The one we went to has been around for ages! The majority of people who go there are families with younger kids, but I did see a few teenagers there just for the record. The first thing you see when you walk in is a gathering of goats, baby goats to older goats. They're all so cute! They were going crazy when people started feeding them.

There's a covered area where the array of baby animals is kept. One of the workers was holding a 
Chinchilla, if you have never touched one let me tell you they are so incredibly soft! 
There was an extremely large rabbit, an Armadillo, a small owl (which I wanted to break in and put in my pocket to bring home with me). There are a lot more, but I only snapped a few pictures!
There is also a pot-bellied pig and turtle that roam around. I took a picture of both, only to notice that they seem to be posing! hmm..
There is an area of baby bunnies as well, but there were so many children crowding it I wasn't able to get in. 
We went on to the main area where the bigger animals were. At this zoo, guests are able to feed the Bears something called "Bear Brew" It's just soda, and it's really cool! 
The bears are very patient and wait until you hold the bottle to the cage until they start drinking. 
Another unique feature of the park is the deer that roam around. They used to have peacocks that would howl the entire time but I discovered they've put them in cages. The deer love being fed, and they're so cute!

The deer also have a "safe zone" where guests can't interrupt them if they want to escape to sit and relax.
It's also the place where the fawns spend most of their time as they're kind of timid towards the guests and screaming children. Who wouldn't be?
On we went, to spot more animals. They have badgers, prairie dogs, mountain lions, panthers, a white tiger, 
and a lot more! There is even a bird area where you enter and it's full of colorful birds that fly freely. I even got the opportunity to feed some! They came right onto my hand and arm! It was the weirdest and coolest thing. The birds eat off a Popsicle stick that has seeds stuck to it with peanut butter. 
I was also wearing my sandals with colorful beads and they seemed to think they were food too. 
It was really cool! I've never done that before and I'm glad I did!
We moved on to what I thought would be even more exciting..
Feeding Giraffes! 
The park has two young giraffes, I think the man said one was two years old and the other was almost a year! I'm not completely sure but they were so cute!
Giraffes have long, purple-black tongues and the only way to describe what they feel like is comparing it to a cats tongue, only a little less rough!



If you follow me on Instagram, this is the photo I put up of the day! 
It was so much fun, I'm feeding them carrots. Apparently if you're not careful to keep the cup away from the giraffes, they will eat it. Don't worry, I did give some to the smaller one as well! 
There were loads of other animals after visiting the giraffes. Zebras, Camels, Kangaroos, Lemurs and a lot more I just either can't spell or don't feel like listing! 
There were some really small cute monkeys that were enthralled with sticking their tongues out at me once I had stuck mine out at them. 
I even got to measure how long my wing span is, before going to see my favorites, Owls! 
The Great Horned Owl was sitting closest to the path in its cage, it opened an eye at me and turned its head. 
For those wondering, why are these birds here?
There was a sign to explain.
If you can't read that, it says that all the birds that are there, have had such bad injuries that they couldn't be placed back into the wild to survive on their own. 
We went on to see the other animals, including some very naughty brown pigeons. 
Guess they'll have to expand that cage. 
We visited another one of my favorites, the foxes. I know what the fox says, it screams actually and 
if you don't know what it is, it can actually scar you for days! 
We walked back through the way we came and I posed for a picture with the turtle! 
And chatted up some more goats, before we headed off into town for food and shopping!
I was actually really excited to go to the beach and lay in the sun. We stopped at a brewery to eat, I ordered a grilled cheese and it was so good! 
I was too hungry to photograph my mom or my sisters meals! We then finished up and went out shopping.
It's not a very big town, but most of the people who stay up there are camping and enjoying the lake so it really doesn't have to be.
We stopped in the fudge factory, though I wasn't feeling any fudge or anything that sweet. It's still nice to look! 


We did stop and buy some popcorn though at the popcorn shop! They sell a ton of different types of popcorn, it's really neat! We then moved in and out of shops before unwinding at the beach.

It was so relaxing, and a good way to end the impromptu quick trip up north. 
I hope you enjoyed the blog and that you all had great weekends! Sorry I didn't
have a mid-week one! I was pretty busy! I'm already working on another one right now! 
xx
Kenzie






















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks so much fun!!! I love animals and this makes me want to fly over there and go to that Park!!! There are some here but I don't think you can do half as much of what you can do there haha I need to convince mum to go to one this summer :)
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. Those giraffes are so cute! :)

    http://fe-rnweh.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram