Favorite Cookie Bars

2:45:00 PM


Don't yell at me. I know I keep saying "I'll do more recipe posts this summer!" and I honestly have been slacking on that part. Partially because most of the recipes I've been doing aren't changed in anyway from the original and I can't just copy someone else and call it my own! 
So here's one, that I've made before, haven't posted, but changed it up a bit. 

This recipe is fairly healthy, it includes oats, brown sugar, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips and butterscotch. I said fairly healthy right? 
I love eating, and healthy desserts that don't taste overly healthy are right up my alley! 

To make this you'll need:
*1/2 cup(100g) packed brown sugar
*1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter 
*2 teaspoons vanilla 
*1 cup (127g) whole wheat flour (the first time I made this I used white flour and it works just as well!)
*1 cup (80g) oats
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup (120mL) milk (I've used chocolate almond milk every time, and you can't really taste the chocolate but it also works!) 
*1/2 cup butterscotch
1/2 cup raisins, craisins, or chocolate chips...or all three. 

Here's what you'll need to do! 

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 8x8 baking dish with parchement paper or nonstick spray and set aside
-In medium bowl, mix brown sugar and peanut butter (I used an electric mixer) until light and fluffy. 
-Mix in vanilla
-Add in flour, oats, salt and baking soda on medium speed (if using the mixer). The dough will get thicker and a bit clumpy but don't worry! 
-Add milk, then fold in your add-ins like chocolate chips, raisins, craisins etc
-Once completely combined, here I found it just comes right off the bowl and doesn't sit on it like cookie dough would, press it lightly into 8x8 dish
-Bake about 17-20 minutes, for my oven I did about 17, as it keeps the softness inside the bars

Near the end of the bars bake time, I melted about 1/3 cup butterscotch to drizzle on top once they came out. You can use those or regular chocolate chips, the packages tell you how long it's recommended to melt them. 
-I put the butterscotch on top right away as I haven't completely mastered it and it seems to not stay hot long enough! 
Last time I truly just drizzled the butterscotch on but it came out clumpy, I decided to make the rest of the bag which turned out to be just enough to cover the entirety of the bars! They went over well both times!! 

I love this recipe, and I definitely love to make these for parties or just for the family. 
What do you like for dessert? Have you got any favorite recipes?? 
Thanks again for reading! 
xx
Kenzie



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram