End of 2016

8:00:00 AM



New Year Post

2016. Just as quickly as it began, it ends. A year for gratitude for myself personally. January was the end of a job I held for two years, and I spent the rest of the months until May, searching for a new one. Roommate struggles were had, and soon it was a relief to have them end. I spent most of June in the south, exploring North and South Carolina and briefly Georgia. 


Exciting things happened in 2016. 

I tried out new recipes, like this Cauliflower pizza recipe, and a Cashew Chicken recipe as well. 
Eating healthy was something I really focused on for the most part, 
I went on a family vacation and really realized how much I love family road trips.
Climbing to the top of Chimney Rock in North Carolina to see the Blue Ridge Mountains might have been my favorite part, and eating at Jestine's in Charleston in South Carolina was a special treat after we had been there in 2011, forgot the name and by chance found it again. 
 North Carolina

Oh. I also checked off a major bucket-list item, I went skydiving. And it is still, by far the coolest thing I have ever done. I started my third-to last semester at uni, and then I was also accepted into my study abroad program. 

2016, really left me feeling really really blessed. I just feel like it was a great year. I had a great roommate this past Fall, and that made life at university so much better than it has ever been before. 
Realizing Stuff

As for 2017, I'm going to have 3 and a half days at home until I take a leap across the ocean and start my study abroad program in England. I'll be studying about an hour and a half north of London, and have trips to Ireland, Bath & Stonehenge, Prague and Barcelona planned. I'm excited, and thrilled, and I cannot wait to bring this blog with me! 

Because i'll be abroad until April, I won't be posting every Wednesday and Saturday until maybe May or June, instead, it will be once a week Tuesday's. So make sure to check in on where I'm going! 

As for goals for 2017?
-Have 500 twitter followers
-See as much of Europe as possible
-Live in the moment

If you have any suggestions for weekend trips around Europe please let me know! I cannot wait to share my journey with you! What are some things that made you proud in 2016? Let me know in the comments! 
I hope you all have a great new year! :) 

Along with Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, you will be able to see my European adventures via Snapchat too! Just add kenziedear! And if you haven't noticed, there is a YouTube button in the top right corner where I will be putting videos of my trip! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great post! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath and the Lakes District are both beautiful weekend trips in England. Good luck with the move!!! You will love it so much x

    Megan
    Denton & Lou 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe how fast 2016 flew! literally !! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram