Easy Mini Sugar Cookies

12:30:00 PM


Having had time off from school, and getting ready for the Easter festivities I decided it was time to bring out the baking pans once again. This recipe was really easy and so simple to make!



 You'll need; 
1 cup Powdered Sugar
 2 Eggs
 1 cup Regular Sugar
 1 cup Margarine or Butter
 1 cup Vegetable Oil
 1 teaspoon Vanilla
 4 cups and 4 tablespoons of Flour
 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
 One big bowl


Clearly, I forgot to put out the eggs and the cream of tartar for this picture. Oops! 

Firstly wash your hands, as I hope you always do when you bake. Tie back your hair..nobody likes hairy cookies! 
In this recipe you don't need to separate the wet ingredients from the dry, unless you really really want to. I just went down the list and added things. The cup of powdered sugar, then the eggs followed by the regular sugar (white sugar). The recipe did call for margarine but that was easily substituted for butter, which comes out as two sticks. Then the vegetable oil, followed by vanilla and flour and topped off with baking soda and cream of tartar. 
I quickly found out that my little whisking machine was no match for the cookie dough! It was really thick! So I resorted to a spoon and at the end just using my hands. It did turn out looking delicious!

After having mixed the ingredients, stick the bowl of dough into the fridge for about 3-4 hours! I know it's really long, but you can start cleaning up the mess while you wait and maybe tend to that load of laundry that's been sitting there for awhile.
While they chill set the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190.5 degrees Celsius I believe. 
Get the pans, I did two at a time so it would go quicker. I used parchment paper, as I usually do just so the pans wouldn't get dirty! It's so much nicer to not wash the pans during cleanup at the end!
Roll the dough into balls, this batch won't spread out so you can make them as big or little as you would like. I did them smaller just so it would make more and we could enjoy them longer! Plus who doesn't like bite sized cookies!?!
After placing the balls on the pan, press them down with either glass or the palm of your hand!



 After this step, put the trays or tray in the oven for about 6 minutes. My recipe said not to "over bake" but I did have to go 7 or 8 minutes. 
Also, careful taking the pans out of the oven if you do put two in..I lifted the pan on the lower shelf just a bit too soon which resulted in part of the cookie falling to the bottom of the oven and part staying to the pan.
Let's just say a burnt cookie doesn't smell as well as a nicely done cookie. 
After taking out the pans, let the cookies cool. 
Don't they look delicious!

After the cookies have cooled, it's time for the best part!
THE ICING AND DECORATING!!
There is a recipe for homemade frosting attached to the one I have but I went for store bought icing instead. Maybe I'll make another batch in the future and try it! I'll let you know! 
Since it was close to Easter when these were made I tried to stick with easter-y colors! Mostly green and pink! 
Also my mom chipped in and made an Easter rabbit while I attempted to make an Easter chick!



As the batch wound down and there became less and less cookies to bake, I wanted to try something new. I poured in the green sprinkles and pink with the batch in the bowl and kneaded them in it.
They turned out pretty cool! I decided to ice them as if they were dip cookies just to show off their pretty colors!
You can see the dip cookies I made in the back a little bit!
These did make a big batch but they went away quickly as everyone really liked them! 
I hope you try this recipe! 
xx

Remember to follow me on bloglovin and all of the social media networks! You can see all of them on the "Get in Touch" page! You can also now comment without needing an account! :) 




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hello hun:)
    Love this post very much,and your blog looks very cute!
    Maybe we could follow each other? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super scrummy but not good for a flat tummy (not that I let that stop me) ;-) hehe

    I'm a new follower of your blog and I really hope that you can visit my blog/follow me too x

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3459552/bellezza-babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh I know but it's okay to cheat every now and then right? ;) and yea I'll definitely follow you! We can be new blog friends! ha xx
      Thanks for the lovely comment and visiting my page!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram