The Best of Me: Movie Review

10:51:00 AM




I love when new movies come out. Seeing the commercials on tv weeks or months before they actually comes out makes me so excited to see them when they hit theaters. 
Recently, the movie "The Best of Me" was being presented at my local movie theater, they were offering members two free tickets each to see the film a couple days in advance. 



The synopsis of the film goes like this;
"The story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high school sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of the beloved friend. Their bittersweet reunion reignites the love they've never forgotten, but soon they discover the forces that drove them apart twenty years ago live on, posing even more serious threats today. Spanning decades, this epic love story captures the enduring power of our first true love, and the wrenching choices we face when confronted with elusive second chances."

I was quite excited to see the film, it was a rainy night so the perfect time to see the film. 
In my theater, there are only a few viewing rooms with stadium seating. So i was even more thrilled to be sat in that room. The movie itself, did not disappoint. 



It's also a book. If you didn't know, by Nicholas Sparks, which I haven't read but I'm sure, having read Sparks' work before it's great. 
The story line goes between flashbacks and present time.
The present time, main characters; Dawson and Amanda, are played by James Marsden (you may recognize him from Enchanted with Amy Adams) and Michelle Monaghan (she's been in Mission Impossible). Their younger flashback counter parts are played by Liana Liberato and Luke Bracey,





The story is both exciting, dramatic and captivating. 
I really enjoyed the film, as it made me root for the underdog and physically want to jump into the screen and grab the villain by the throat. The acting was extremely great as well. 
I do hope you take the chance to go and check it out, or definitely put it on your list of movies to rent on DVD. 
 I know I will!

What movies are you excited to see soon? Have you been to see this one yet? Have you read the book?
I hope you all are having a great week! 
xx
Kenzie

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I just saw the trailer for this film , think i'll read the book first though. I love a good romance film although I prefer horror .

    I am waiting for ouija to come out in cinemas and i'll probably take my step daughter to see teenage mutant ninja turtles either tomorrow or thursday xoxo

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great idea! I like action movies as well! I hope she enjoys it! Thanks for commenting!
      :) xx

      Delete
  2. I wanted to see this film before, but after your review, I really really want to see it!

    louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the review! I do hope you get to see it! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram