My Best Friend

1:30:00 PM



 I wasn't sure how "ready" I would be to write this post. It may or may not sit in my drafts for awhile after typing this all out. 
  With a heavy heart, I have to tell you that Sadie (that little dog that always pops up in these posts) passed away on Thursday September 25th at 4:05 am. 
 It was really difficult to make the decision, but she was in so much pain and I just wanted her to be okay again, but I knew she couldn't live that way anymore. She knew too. 
 So instead of being sad and crying like I have been for the past few days, I thought I would reflect on her life.

Sadie was born on May 29th, 2001. 
I wished upon a star in the fall of 2000, and she came into my life in the Summer of 2001. 
So I decided to sift through loads of pictures throughout the years and place them here.

 

I thought maybe waiting awhile to write this post would be fine. Though, looking at all of these pictures and finding quotes made me tear up a bit. There will always be little reminders, I have her collar hanging from my rear view mirror. 
Like this one. 
Yes it was really hard to say goodbye, Sadie was my best friend, she was always there no matter what, waiting for me to come home from school or work. She never held grudges and I guess that's the best thing about dogs right? 
They're the only thing that will love you more than themselves.
And maybe looking at things that way, we should learn to live a little more like dogs. 

I'm glad she's not in anymore pain but I do miss her and yes it is weird, not finishing homework and coming out to the living room to see her on the couch. Or asking if she wants to go for walks, or car rides. 
I hope if any of you have pets that you hurry over to them right now and give them a squeeze. Because you're all they have. They don't get out of the house like we do, they sit and wait and are still a million times happier to see you than they were five seconds ago. 
I was really worried about posting this as I don't even know if it portrays how much I love her, or does her life justice. But I think maybe it does. 




Sorry this was really cheesy and sappy. I do hope you all are having a great October so far! 
xx
Kenzie












You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This made me cry, I feel so bad :( It honestly does portray how much you loved her and I totally understand that love, I've had my dog for almost 12 years now.
    I don't know what to say but you said she was in so much pain so thinking that now she doesn't feel that pain it makes it okay I guess but it's still sad.
    Also when you said we should live a little bit more like dogs, I agree, they love you unconditionally.
    Okay I think I better stop before I make you cry or before I end up crying myself but know that if you ever want to talk you can dm me on twitter or anything :)
    Anna x
    dropsofanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad, This comment made me smile though! You're so sweet! :) Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome post Kenz....Sadie would have loved it. She sure was one lucky pup to be loved so much by you and to be part of your family. I am going to miss it when she would pee when I came to see her. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram