Banana Oatmeal Cookies

12:30:00 PM


You should probably, if you don't already, know that I love trying out new things. 
 As I was searching for new things to try, mostly cooking, I came across this recipe on Pinterest! It looked delicious and my massive sweet tooth definitely told me I had to try it out! Being on Spring Break this week gave me the perfect opportunity to give it a go!
There are a lot of ingredients in this one, but you don't use a big amount of them all. 
You'll need



 1.5 Cup of Flour
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup regular granulated sugar
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 and 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate chips

First get two large or medium sized bowls. I used similarly sized bowls for this. In one bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

 Then set it to the side. 
In the second bowl mash the banana then add egg, oil, brown and granulated sugars, yogurt and vanilla then whisk the ingredients together. 


 After whisking, add the banana/egg mix to the flour mix and stir until combined. 
Then you get to have a little more fun by adding in the oats. This is where I decided to put in raisins and chocolate chips, splitting what would be the 1 cup of chocolate chips into 1/2 a cup of raisins and 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips!

  
On a prepared baking sheet, I placed the parchment paper before putting the dough on as it's easier to clean up after. The recipe says to space the dough 2 inches apart and the balls should be about a tablespoon. To get cookies that don't flatten, put the baking sheets into the oven for about an hour. 

 Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then bake your cookies for 12 minutes, or until slightly golden. They smell amazing and taste great too! 
  

The recipe I made actually made 28 cookies. Which seems like a lot but maybe that's because they're small. I hope you get to try it out! :)
xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate and can't wait to hear from you again!

Instagram